Check out About Foodspotting on our website to learn more about Foodspotting and how it can be used by foodspotters, foodseekers, businesses and brands!
Foodspotting is a visual guide to good food and where to find it. Instead of reviewing restaurants, you can recommend great dishes and see what others recommend wherever you go.We launched Foodspotting in January 2010 when we realized that there were many restaurant review apps, but there was no easy way to find or rate specific dishes. We set out to create a new kind of local guide that is unique because:
It’s about dishes, not just restaurants.
Find whatever you’re craving, see what’s good at any restaurant and learn what foodspotters, friends and experts love wherever you go.
Browse photos of nearby dishes and see what looks good. We want to make finding good food as easy as looking in a bakery window.
Recommend dishes by snapping photos or simply saying “Loved it!” We don’t allow negative ratings because we’re all about foods people love.
Our goal is to cover the earth with amazing food sightings, from our childhood hometowns in Pennsylvania to food capitals like Tokyo. All of our content comes from our community, so we're counting on you to represent your city by sharing your favorite local dishes!
To find great dishes:
- Look up your location or move & scan the map to fine tune it.
- Find your favorite restaurant to see what foodspotters & friends love there.
- Search for a particular dish that you're craving by name (noodles) or type (red velvet).
- Follow friends and experts like Chow or Travel Channel to see what they love.
- Bookmark foods you "Want" to try and recommend dishes you've "Tried" and "Loved."
To share great dishes:
- Share a great dish by uploading a photo or simply saying you "Loved it!"
- Keep track of what you want, try and love and organize dishes using Guides.
- Become a dish expert by spotting 5 or more foods in the same category.
- Earn reputation points for making quality contributions to the community.